If you are thinking of making your own iPhone app
, although you need to learn some coding and much of the interface work can be done graphically. Creating an app can take time, learning and patience.
Now we will discuss how to make an iPhone App
. Firstly set up your development Environment.
To setup your developing environment, Download and install Xcode.
Familiarize with Objective-C
- Xcode is developing environment on which an android app is made.Xcode is available on apple for free but require OS X10.8.there is no official way to run Xcode on windows and linux PC so you have a MAC to develop an Iphone app.
- Install a vector graphic program: if you thinking of creating custom art and designs for your app,you need a program that can create vector graphics.popular vector graphic program include CorelDraw,Xara Designer and Inkscape.you can use Drawberry it’s a nice one for first time user.
: it’s a programming language used to create functionality with iphone app. while making an iphone app firstly you should have some Knowledge of Objective C. It is a derivative of the C family language.
There are varieties of online tutorials from where you can have knowledge of objective-C
Now you need a Development account in order to upload your app on the app store and account cost $99 per year also require bank account information .you can create your account on ios DEV Center website.
It’s all about how you can create a development environment now.
Creating the App
Create a storyboard: it is the representation of your all app’s screens
- Firstly create a new project in Xcode:
- Open Xcode and start a new project from file menu.
- Select APPLICATION in IOS heading on the left corner of the window. Choose Empty Application in the template section.
- You need to provide a product name, class prefix and company identifiers if you don’t have it enter com.eaxmple and enter ABC for class prefix. Then select “iPhone ”from the devices menu.
Assign your project to your story board
- Click File → New → File.
- Click “User Interface” under the IOS heading.
- Select Storyboard, and click next.
- Select iPhone from the Devices menu and then name file for example “Main”.Save it in the same location as your project
Once you create the storyboard. Then you need to assign, main interface of your app to it. Your storyboard is loaded and app is launched.
Add your first screen by using a view controller
- Click your project name in the left navigation tree.
- Find the Targets heading in the main frame and Open your project from the Targets list.
- Find the Deployment Info section in the General tab.
- Enter Main Storyboard into the “Main Interface” text field.
: view controller helps to show how content is viewed by user, you will add view controller to your storyboard,
Add a navigation bar
- Select “main storyboard” file in the project navigation menu. Now a black canvas appears in interface build window.
- Find Object library, by clicking the little cube button at the bottom of the right frame. This will load list of objects that can add to your canvas
- Drag and click the “View Controller” object into the canvas. Your first screen will appear on the canvas.
- Your first “Scene” is complete. When app is started then view controller will load your first screen.
: you need to navigate between two screens, its time to make user move back and forth between screens so you can add navigation bar through a specialized View controller
You have added navigation bar, provide functionality to it
- Your navigation controller is added to your view so that it controls all other screens.
- Select your view in the project outline.
- Click Editor – Embed In -Navigation Controller.
- A gray navigation bar appears at the top of the screen you added the controller to.
- Add title to navigation bar.
- Add navigation button. Open the Objects library if it’s not already open and open the Bar Button Item then Drag and click it to the navigation bar.
- Now provide property to button, button is configured to have specific properties that make easy to adapt the circumstances. for example if you are creating a to-do list, and want to “add” button to add a new entry, select button and open attribute inspector. Find the Identifier menu then choose “Add”. The button will change to a “+” logo.
By doing all these step you can easily create an iPhone app. In this way you can create an iPhone App but testing and releasing is another phase of build an iPhone app.As well as you can get other top 10 Tips for Mobile Apps Development to Build Better Apps